[pct-l] Cooking Systems

Maxine Weyant weyantm at msn.com
Wed Sep 5 22:30:00 CDT 2012

I use a SnowPeak Gigapower Lite Max titanium stove which weighs 2 oz. (Website says 1.9oz but I bought  mine 5 years ago.)   It's a bit more delicate than heavier versions but has held up well for me.  My 1.2 L titanium pot is 4.75 oz, but I'm thinking of getting a smaller one.  Boils water in 3 min, can do a low simmer if necessary.  A 4 oz fuel canister can last me a week or more, but I only cook once a day.  My canister nests in my pot, the stove lives in a clean sock or a zip lock.

I've been really happy with this, especially now that I found a new source to send me resupply canisters through Amazon.com--Stealth Rabbit ships the 4oz canisters for about 4 bucks with about 3-4 bucks for shipping via ground.
Dys-feng shui-nal