[pct-l] PCT Trailwork Project Oct 6-7

Kev hikevv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 22:31:51 CDT 2012

Hello Pacific Crest Trail Volunteers,
    On October 6-7 the Pacific Crest Trail Association will hold a trail
project in Section E in the northwest corner of the Angeles National
Forest. If you ever thought you would like to volunteer to help maintain
one of our premier long-distance scenic trails, this is a good opportunity.

We will do mostly brushing and treading between Atmore Meadow Rd and
Bear CG, at about 5400' elevation (mile 500) on Liebre Mtn, above Three
Points.

Volunteers should meet at 0715-0730 on Saturday morning at the pullout
at the junction of Pine Canyon Rd and Forest Rd 7N23 (labeled "Bushnell
Summit" on many maps), here:
http://goo.gl/maps/ABPnV
A high-clearance vehicle is required to access the area, but
Saturday-only volunteers can combine into high-clearance vehicles with
other Saturday-only volunteers.

PCTA will supply all equipment and tools, and meals for overnighters.
Volunteers can pick either day to work with us, or both, and camp with
us at Sawmill Campground.

Overnighters will get fed dinner and breakfast. Otherwise, Sunday-only
volunteers meet at Sawmill CG Sunday morning at 0745 with a packed lunch
and the day's water. Directions to Sawmill CG:
http://goo.gl/maps/f8h8I

Volunteers will need to bring leather work gloves, robust footwear, sun
protection, wear long pants / long-sleeved shirts for working in brush,
and robust weatherproof shell. Day volunteers should also bring a sack
lunch and water. A short bit of hiking is required to access the work.

Feel free to forward this announcement on to other interested parties.
As the date approaches I will provide any additional details to those
signing up.
Please respond directly to Section Chief Dave Fleischman
<owldave57 at gmail.com> or me <hikevv at gmail.com> if interested in
volunteering.

    THANKS,

    Kevin Corcoran
    PCTA Region 1 Sec E Volunteer Area Coordinator
    http://pct1e.blogspot.com/