[pct-l] rural verses urban

Chris Anderson srhspaded at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 23:40:35 CDT 2012

It could be that urban areas have not only a higher density of people, but a higher density of pathogens.  A constant low dosage of diverse pathogens would lead to a broader ability for anti-body response since our body "remembers" previous antigens it encounters.  This is why I don't buy into all the hype about anti-bacterial soap and hand sanitizer use on a rigorous basis.  I haven't been truly sick in years, but this is just speculation, and it could be that I have a really good immune system.  I generally use soap only to get the grease off my hands at work.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat!

>From: jack kendrick <jackkendrick84 at frontier.com>
>Subject: [pct-l] rural verses urban

>Many
years ago I read of a study where military personal from urban and
rural areas were compared as to their respective state of health while
in the service. Those from the >rural areas were more frequently sick
than those from the urban areas. So make what you will of this.
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: