[pct-l] Yellow jackets and EpiPens on the PCT

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 00:11:05 CDT 2012

I would expect to get stung at least once on a thru hike,  I've never made
it through one without a sting.

On a fire reroute in Oregon every hiker I talked to, except one, got stung
at the same spot in the trail.  It must have been 19 out of 20 hikers.   It
was very overgrown and nobody saw any indication of hornets or wasps until
they landed.

In all my on trail stings (3 total) they landed stinging, there was zero
time to react.

No idea on resupplying epipens as I'm not allergic - but just hate
creatures (especially mosquitos) that don't respect that I'm supposed to be
on the TOP of the food chain.

Day-Late