[pct-l] Hiking in street runners

Gary Minetti gary.minetti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:54:39 CDT 2012

I used Asics Gel - $50.00 vis Zappos.  First pair lasted through my training and to Kennedy Meadows.  Second pair got beat up a bit in the Sierras and lasted to Belden.  I picked up a used pair of Merrells from Trail Angels in Belden that got me to Castella where my 3rd pair were waiting for me.  The third pair got me to Manning.  The Merrells felt like I was wearing cement blocks compared to the Asics.

I went with 1.5 x larger than my normal shoe size.

I liked the ventilation, quick drying time and of course, the weight.  My feet were continually filthy but that was not an issue for me.

Gman
Class of 2012