[pct-l] hiker breaks ankle miles short of finishing

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Sep 12 20:31:31 CDT 2012

Good evening, Tortoise,

In ’07 I got as far as Mile-1219.4 north of Sierra City and experienced a
complete stress fracture of a bone in my foot.  I had to limp out about 6
miles to a lodge in Lakes Basin, get an X-ray, then go home.  That wasn’t
as bad as breaking an ankle.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/