[pct-l] Permanent Campfire Ban on PCT?

John Abela john at hikelighter.com
Thu Sep 13 18:28:47 CDT 2012

Well said.

I have been doing everything I can to discourage hikers from camp
fires AND alcohol stoves for the last few years.

In my opinion, the stupid alcohol stoves are just as dangerous, if not
more, than camp fires. Almost ever year we hear of some hiker who
burns their sleeping bag or tent or something when they tip over their
alcohol stove.  Time for the shops along the trails to start keeping
esbit and canisters in stock... again.... like they use too....

Again, well said.

-Abela
HikeLighter.Com