[pct-l] mile 738.2 campsite? near Mulkey Pass

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Sun Sep 16 12:58:58 CDT 2012

Sorry that I haven't responded to this thread until now, but Mountain
Education has used this nice little campsite and "old corral" many times in
the past on our early May trips from Kennedy Meadows to Kearsarge Pass,
resupplying over Mulkey to Horseshoe Meadow (usually quite closed and with a
foot or two of snow everywhere).

Even though, when we go through the area in May, we hit the beginnings of
solid snow at Mulkey and Trail Pass, the campsite in question is always
green and free of snow with abundant water not far away. Right now, we would
have no clue regarding water availability, but the access and signage to it
off the PCT is good.

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org