[pct-l] Presumptuous. Self- righteous. Intolerant

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Sep 18 19:44:06 CDT 2012

Greenpeace in the 1970s! Saving whales! I didn't know this piece of Mendo's
past.  Awesome, and I appreciate your being there! Bikes on the PCT, a nono.
Being unresponsible and negligent with fire, a nono too. I salute Mendo's
voice, his passion, and his devotion to wilderness and nature.  Listen to
hikers and elders, learn, and choose your path with wisdom. We may not
always agree, but be willing to accept the consequences of your actions. If
your stove, campfire or whale oil lamp causes a forest fire, and you are
caught, it may cost you million$. And you will lose much trail time.