[pct-l] Tim's broken ankle

Blanchard, Sym SWB3 at pge.com
Wed Sep 19 16:00:07 CDT 2012

Gourmet,

Wow!  Great info and great writing.  Thanks!! Yes, I remember you at the 2011 kickoff and your role in the video.

Your accident sounds like what happened to me and what Ray Jardine had described in his book.  My left foot lost traction which caused my right ankle to roll to the right.  I crumpled down twisting my right ankle.  Was your hip belt cinched around your waist at the time?

After I ditched my hip belt, I had an identical incident where my left foot lost traction and my right ankle began to roll.  However I was able to quickly recover because my pack automatically swung around to counter my fall.  Just trying to support a possible hypothesis here … ”A hip belt can contribute to broken ankles”.  Especially for us older folks.

Symbiosis