[pct-l] older hikers - - - Louis L'Amour quote

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 13:30:05 CDT 2012

Hello again Lindsey,

This summer I did finish riding the PCT. I rode a very important part that I had missed when I was there in mid-June of 2008 - the Sierra from Horseshoe Meadows to Tuolumne Meadows. I then tried to follow my planned route and ride on to Wawona. That did not work. Too many downed trees to even reach Buena Vista Pass. I then backtracked to Yosemite Valley. I had a great ride. The scenery in the Sierra is always awesome.

Most of the hiking, riding, and camping that I have done since moving to Agua Dulce have been on or near the PCT. There is a lot more to see in Vasquez Park than just what you see from the PCT. There are many other trails. Sometime in the future the PCTA plans to re-route the PCT through a more scenic canyon rather than past those houses and the parking lot.

It you have not seen it yet, you might be interested in viewing the 32 minute slide show of my PCT journey between Mexico and Canada. It is on the Postholer
              You can find it at:       postholer.com                    look among the forums for:    stockman

Kindest Regards,
MendoRider