[pct-l] to prevent injury

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:17:25 CDT 2012

Thanks Melanie

The waist belt of backpack has  very important role to support heavy
load, as a result, the stress of spine is minimized.  If the total
pack weight is less than 10 kg, waist belt may be unnecessary. I just
pointed out no research may be exist concerning waist belt. But, it's
importance is very clear, so the many backpack makers never abolish
waist belt.

I have just write my blog : if you have a time, please see. I wrote my
blog in Japanese and English. I cannot write English properly but I
think better than Google translator.

My maximal total pack weight may be 38 kg or more:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/FromSouthLkToLonePine?feat=flashalbum#5783126003499446338

I carried 20 days food ( for two persons 10 days ) and all the stuff,
and guided my wife South Lake to Lone Pine. We did not lose weight,
and suffered no injury.

Recently, I bought new backpack ( Altra 75 ) and tested at the
neighborhood Mountain. It worked well. I always carry backpack on the
hip bone, not on the shoulders.

https://sites.google.com/site/completewalker/equipments/backpack/altra-75
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/MtHakubaToKeyakidairaSt

for Tim, I think he may know himself.

He should work on rehabilitation as soon as possible. When his bone
became strong enough, he should train his muscle of lower legs. It is
necessary to reinforce his muscular strength and agility. Then the
possibility of injury becomes small.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )