[pct-l] Fw: Trail Magic

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 12:14:50 CDT 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: linsey <mowoggirl at yahoo.com>
To: pct list serve <pct-l at backcountry.net>; "hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com" <hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 10:12 AM

You wrote, "Most hikers were generous with their monetary contributions"
Let me just say that while I have offered monetary contributions at trail magic, I have never seen them solicited and am somewhat offended.  To assume all of those at the end of their hike have disposable income for the unexpected snack is asinine.

Trail magic can be a double edged sword.  The white flour pancakes, greasy breakfast, processed junk food, snacks and coffee I've indulged in at trail magic stops were welcome, but not near as healthy as the trail food I pack.  When one eats trail magic food, their pack stays heavy with the meal they should have eaten and and/or the fuel they should have used.   In my case, I never get the burst of energy  from eating junk that I get from eating wholesome trail food.  Even though it is a diuretic and not conducive to hydration, the coffee is especially tempting although it makes my knees hurt.

pct-l] Trail MagicHikes and Bikes
Thu Sep 20 17:26:57 CDT 2012