[pct-l] Introduction (was Re: Your use of PCT-L messages)

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:06:09 CDT 2012

On Sep 20, 2012 1:50 PM, "Brick Robbins" <brick at brickrobbins.com> wrote:

> And MendoRider's posting of this private message from Dan  to the list
> is also a violation of email etiquette.

I try not to get too hung up on etiquette. I try to stuck with "What would
I do if I was stuck in a tiny room with this person for an extended period
of time. Makes for an interesting mental exercise if nothing else.

And with that, it looks like a noobie has been outted. My name is Dan, and
I love the outdoors. My family spent summer vacations in the Eastern
Sierras, mostly between Bishop and Mammoth Lakes/Red's Meadow. I have been
doing some casual reading about how kids are being deprived of the
outdoors, and that rekindled my desire to walk in the woods. My friend Peru
is thru hiking the PCT this year, and might be finished by now.

I am out of shape, money, time, and luck. Everything I have I am grateful
for. I am in trade school to become a machinist, which I hope might lead to
the ability to at least have some money. ;-)

Let the flames begin!

Dan Jacobs
Washougal