[pct-l] (no subject)

Amanda Timeoni amanda.timeoni at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 17:01:38 CDT 2012

Lost and Found,
Are you doing trail magic or are you a vending machine? To say that "most
hikers were generous with their monetary contributions" goes against the
spirit of trail magic!

 I don't often carry cash on me when thru-hiking. Should I in case there is
trail magic?

Maybe I should walk on by because "trail magic" is for those who can afford
to have it. For the person doing it, there is a great cost!

 I hope that I'm with another hiker who can vouch for me!

No, I need to carry cash. I'm not going to want to walk passed it and I
don't want the person doing trail magic to think I'm ungrateful.

I'm cashless because I didn't anticipate trail magic. There hasn't been
trail magic for x amount of miles. I hope they don't think I'm ungrateful.

A lot of hikers are generous with their money. We love trail angels, it is
a huge part of the thru-hike experience. But don't talk about it like "Hey
you over there, I got some money from these people!" It's tasteless.

Yours Truly,
Not a Chance (PCT '09, '10, '12)