[pct-l] 'Monetary contributions'

Rod Belshee rbelshee at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:16:09 CDT 2012

To me, a label like "Angel" refers to acting on a generous spirit.  Perhaps
the Angel has the financial means to support that sprit of generosity,
perhaps not.

Like Yogi, I have seen both sides.  My wife was a travelling Angel in 04,
and she would not have been able to provide the rides, the fresh-baked
cookies, the fruit and watermelon, etc., for five months without donations.
The donations covered enough of the extra costs to make it manageable, so
she never had to ask for money.  But I think if she had run out of funds,
then it would have been better to put the word out to a couple of hikers
that she could have used some financial help, rather than just quietly stop.
There is plenty of room in between the two extremes of putting price tags on
items and abandoning acting upon a spirit of generosity due to finances.

To me, "Angel" refers not to whether the person needs or asks for financial
help, but is instead a statement about their heart intent.

Steady Sr