[pct-l] Monetary Donations

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Mon Sep 24 00:07:38 CDT 2012

On 9/23/2012 9:10 PM, jmhow01 at yahoo.com wrote:
> However, explicitly or implicitly expecting "donations" from passing
> thru-hikers, seems very odd to me.

I think you missed the point. Nobody was expecting donations. Thru
hikers often use cash to express their gratitude for help received
during their hikes. To discredit a trail angel because hikers want to
say, "Thanks," seems silly to me.

> If Joe ever told us that there was a cover charge to party at his
> house, we probably would have looked at him blank faced.

Would your friends have argued that Joe was not really hosting the get
together at his house if you offered to buy the beer?