[pct-l] Stoveless? Do tell!

branko grujcic xo4xx at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 15:02:51 CDT 2012

I completed this year's thru-hike stove less (and gluten free!).
Hike was ~85 days without zeros (117 days total)
I had a bit over 2lbs of food/day (trailmix, power bars, pemmican, chocolate, meat products, protein powder)
I had 27 resupplies, each about 3 days apart.
I ate as much city food as i could in resupply towns. Omelets, burgers, steaks....
I made my own trailmix, power bars, pemmican and jerky.
Never missed a stove.

Trail mix:
    Nuts: macadamia, coconut, cashew, hazelnut, pecan, walnut, almond, pistachio, cacao nibs...
    Berries: mulberry, blueberry, golden berry, goji berry....
    Dried Fruits: dates, percinamon...
Power bars: Coconut oil, nuts (see above), honey.
Pemmican:
    1/3 dried grassfed beef, 1/3 suet, 1/3 dried blueberries
Primal Fuel protein powder
Lots and lots of dark chocolate. Maca.
Grassfed beef jerky
Sausages, Speck, Prosciutto, Lardo...