[pct-l] Foie Gras Thru-hikers and an exhortation to not pay Trail Angels for services rendered

mike Shoys mashoys at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:59:37 CDT 2012

glad to see that this thread/subject has taken a positive turn. i was
thrown off by how offended people got about the "most hikers... greatly
appreciated" comment and how long it went on and to what extent the minor
details got scrutinized... didn't chime in because i didn't want to
perpetuate the tension and bickering. i just want to say thank you to
everyone who gives in the spirit of giving. since learning about the pct
(i'm a prospective 2013 thru hiker) i've been pleased to hear of the giving
nature of people involved in pct culture and plan on being a giving person
when i get out there, too.

i'd love to see fewer more-or-less personal gripes make it to my email
inbox, but fortunately the helpful information outweighs bickering...
though this weekend was icky. thank you trail angels for doing what you do.
hope to meet you (and your donation jars) next year :)

mike