[pct-l] Fw: Trail clearing with horses and chainsaws

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 09:29:32 CDT 2012

Hey Robert,

I would like to defuse this discussion - and end it. It is neither necessary, nor is it worthwhile. It does not belong on pct-l. It is of no interest whatever to anyone else. The post that you sent me yesterday was, in my opinion, rude. You criticized me without knowing the circumstances. As I responded to you, I told you, that my first post did not appear on my computer. (Still has not) That was the truth. An hour and 45 minutes had passed. I simply thought that something had gone wrong with my computer, or with the way I sent it.- or whatever. I have had that happen before on emails that I have sent (not necessarily to the pct-l list). Three times, I have brought the computer to the Geeks at Best Buy. I should add that I am an old guy, 77 next month. I admit that I am not good at computers. My wife isn't either, but much better than I. I often ask her for help. I'm still learning.  I didn't grow up with computers.

I sincerely appreciate that you are also a trail maintenance volunteer. I apologize that I asked you that question. Mine was a "knee jerk" reaction - as, I think, yours was too. (It is September, perhaps we both have Cabin Fever).The subject of my post, the one that you had criticized me for sending, was entirely related to the subject of trail maintenance. I regret responding to your response, but I had to because I considered yours to be rude, and, as I said, you obviously did not know the circumstances. In actuality, I think that we both are on the same page regarding the ongoing need to volunteer to assist others doing trail maintenance.

Sincerely,
MendoRider-Hiker