[pct-l] Foreign ThruHiker PCT '13/ fishing spots along trail

Stefan Rinnert stefanrinnert at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 26 12:12:47 CDT 2012

Hello everybody,

i'm planning to hike the pct next year (not alone). BUT since i'm from
germany, there are several hurdles which need to be taken from abroad - and
that turns out to be a hurdle itself. thats why i'm/we are even more happy
having found this mailing list! Since it'll be my first thruhike in the US,
i have plenty of questions. For now i want to start with those most
important in my current phase of planning. in advance i want to thank you
for your comments!

1) are there any recommendable places a prospective pct-hiker might stay
for organizational things and acclimatisation 2-3 days before ADZPCTKO in
san diego (even a campsite/garden would do ;) ): i will need to buy and
organize several things (bounce box, mail supply-boxes, BP-food - the usual
things)...

2) has anybody carried a fishing rod throughout the whole trail? does it
make sense? anybody who did it? any recommendable rod?

3) where do you get your maps ( i mean REAL maps, no books) from?

That should be it....for now :D

greetings,

stefan