[pct-l] Chain saws in wilderness

Jane Overton neoaflander at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:04:35 CDT 2012

I hope i got this right and did not accidentally resend the whole dugest again.

Chainsaws drip oil, all the time they are running. They have to. If it is just a few or a few hours i suppose it does not matter, but imagine the conseqences everyone were allowed to use them  anywhere in the wilderness. Leaving aside wildlife harassment from noise, smoke etc. The wilderness areas are set aside to preserve certain things. A build up of oil on the ground is a contaminant. One saw, one year, okay. Many saws, many years, results in pollution damage that may not be reversible by natural processes. Just my two cents after a few years of using chain saws.

Sent from my NOOK