[pct-l] Problems on the PCT

Inga Aksamit iaksamit at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 14:07:33 CDT 2012

Wow, I'm surprised at all the negative energy directed at Boris, who was just expressing an opinion and providing a suggestion of officials that can be contacted if people so desire, which I personally appreciated. I am completely at peace with the *wild* animals on the trails, who leave interesting droppings every now and then that allow us to try an identify them and what they are eating. That's very different from the numerous piles of stinking, fly-ridden piles of manure that line the JMT and HST. I've hiked on trails throughout the Western U.S., BC, Alaska and the Yukon, and never have my husband and I been so put off as we were when confronted several times a day by such a volume of manure. I've never minded sharing the trail with horses and mules and appreciate their beauty and usefulness, but it's a matter of volume. These are not wild animals, and you must admit that it's ironic that humans have to use wagbags in the Whitney Zone while stepping over large amounts poop from animals who are there with humans.

Inga

********