[pct-l] Best months to hike OR and WA PCT

John Herrin johndavidherrin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 13:21:52 CDT 2013

My wife and I are planning on backpacking the PCT over two summers/years.
What are the best months to backpack the OR & WA portions of the PCT. We
are looking for the least snow, best weather, less mosquitoes, and time to
finish before wintry weather returns.

I realize not all of this criteria may line up. But I am hoping to draw
from the vast experience of this group in determining what dates we should
set aside.

We will be 60 and 58 yrs old and aren't particularly fast hikers, some I am
guessing we'll need to plan on at least 2 months. We have the time to allow
for more days/weeks if needed. Also would you recommend we hike NOBO or
SOBO?

Thanks and I love reading the daily posts and can hardly wait to get back
out there.