[pct-l] sleeping bag liner

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:05:44 CDT 2013

Mango wrote:

Put the silk liner in the bag and crawl in.  Depending on temp, leave the bag unzipped or zip it up.  Sometimes you'll be very warm at first, in which case you might just throw the top of the bag open and lie in the liner.  As the night cools down, you can cover up more with the bag.

I forgot to mention that this is often how I use my liner on warmer nights.  I sleep inside the liner but use the bag like a quilt over the top which makes it easy to rapidly adjust the coverage.  Once it cools down I'll slip my legs into the zipperless lower half of the bag and continue using the upper half like a quilt.  I actually don't zip up the bag at all unless it's seriously cold.  This is the scenario that makes me continue to carry and use the liner rather than dumping it out of frustration.

Eric