[pct-l] Buying larger shoes

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Apr 2 09:13:39 CDT 2013

You want to find shoes that are snug around the instep yet loose
around the toes. You then should not need to tighten your shoes to
stay in. This is why running or trail running shoes work so well.
They are easier to find with a snug instep and loose toes. If you can
find them with a generous enough toe-box you may not even need them
in a larger size unless your feet are like mine: all toes the same
length and really wide.