[pct-l] Buying larger shoes

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 12:21:02 CDT 2013

Maybe, but not necessarily.  In the last couple years I've been keeping my
laces very loose in loose shoes, and I haven't had a problem with my feet
sliding around.  I haven't been using trekking poles either.  I do tighten
my laces if I'm getting tired enough to kick rocks though.

I did have a concern with some boots I got for trail maintenance.  I bought
them in a wider width in the same size as my hiking trail running shoes.
 My feet, and particularly my heels, had so much room that it made me feel
very unstable while scrambling over rocks and logs.  I put plenty of miles
on those boots and never hurt my feet in any way, but I realized that
there's a limit in how loose I want my shoes to be.