[pct-l] Section C

Bill Chavez wachavez64 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 00:03:10 CDT 2013

For what it is worth here are a few observations re: Section C from mile 218-266.

218-226 or so is immaculate

226-235?there was water at 226 but trail markers were sometimes hard for me to find.

Water at 232

There is a Forest Service Cabin at 235? Not sure of location but there was a small cache 3-4 gal near there

There were several places where the trail was washed out I forgot the mileage and I stopped counting downed trees and tree debris, but all was negotiable.

Above camp Arrastre about 5 miles there is a lot of mountain biking going on all the way to 266.

I met two MB'ers and I said, "I thought the PCT was closed to bicycles?" One of the riders replied in part that it did not apply to Big Bear residents because they helped maintain the trail. BTW someone on a motorized bike did a "Brodie" at the Arrastre horse hitching post area. The aforementioned MB'ers accused me of blocking the trail with sticks. To which I replied, "I wouldn't in danger anyone no matter how repugnant the behavior."

It also was 15 degrees the last 2 nights my water bottles and other things froze.

Sent from my iPhone