[pct-l] Protective phone case

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 4 07:54:17 CDT 2013

Kristen,
I disagree about not needing a case. I've carried a B'berry on 3 PCT section hikes, the first w/o a case but with a ziplock.  My problem was that I would accidentally turn it on in my hip belt pocket w/o knowing it, then have a dead battery for several days. Since I used it to journal, this was a big problem. I found a sturdy plastic case (bright pink & yellow!) on close-out sale at the AT&T store for $5. It doesn't enclose the entire phone, but it does protect the on/off button from being pushed accidentally. I still use a ziplock for moisture and dirt protection.
Mango