[pct-l] low snow year - snow instruction clinic still necessary?

Gideon Scher gideonscher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 01:49:53 CDT 2013

Hi to all

I know that I am going to sound very ignorant with this question. But
seeing as I am not from the US in general and the PCT area in particular I
need to ask it. I have registered for a snow course that teaches ice-axe
use, self arrest, crampon use and glissading. From what I understand this
is going to be a very low snow year. Do the experienced PCTers out there
think this course is still necessary considering this year's snow levels??
The course  ($125) + accommodation, gas money and some gear rental etc
means that attending the course will involve spending around $250 .

Thanks,
Gideon