[pct-l] Dropping off Bear Canisters

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Fri Apr 5 10:24:05 CDT 2013

 One thing you can do is get a Bearikade and knock off one pound right at the get go.

Gary

On 04/04/13, Mark Halverstadt wrote:

Hey PCT-L,
I dunno about you guys but I want to drop off that 2lb. 9oz. bearvault as
soon as I can. But where? After Tuolumne Meadows the first road you hit is
Highway 108 and we are officially out of bear canister zone. There is the
Northern Kennedy Meadows Resort about 10 Miles west on 108 but I don't
think they accept any outgoing mail to ship your bear can. The other
option is hitching east down 108 to 395 to the town of Bridgeport. But that
is a 30 something mile Hitch, probably not that fun to get there and back,
I keep thinking about the wasted time that could happen. Then there is just
going straight up to Echo Lake. However, that makes it about a 150 mile
stretch from Tuolumne, thus carrying more food plus those damn bear cans
all the way there. So, what are your guys' plans for ditching those damn
bear cans? Where are you doing it? Past Hikers please let us know your
experience!! Thanks!

Mark
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: