[pct-l] Things you wish you knew before you hiked the

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:10:05 CDT 2013

For Rain pants - consider a rain skirt from sil-nylon.  They breath better
and your feet are going to get wet either way.

As for things in retrospect:   Wide shoes, have a little flexibility in
your food resupply, Ben & Jerry's, if using a stove it is nice to have a
non-cook meal available in case conditions make it necessary, it takes a
while to learn how much water to carry, you can eat meals whenever -
breakfast for dinner, dinner for breakfast in dry areas to keep water
weight down,  things will go bad sometimes - dealing with it is part of the
hike, you can't control the weather just how you react to it.  and most
importantly have a great time.

Day-Late