[pct-l] Desert shirt

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 11:55:11 CDT 2013

I also love that ExOfficio Insect Repellant shirt mentioned by Mango, but
mine lasted the whole PCT, a re-hike of WA the next year and all the way to
Breckenridge in CO on the CDT, where it finally began to shred.  Probably
4,500 to 5,000 miles on it.  I bought a new similar shirt from a Columbia
outlet there and that lasted a few hundred miles and was shredding by the
time we went into Steamboat Springs.  A total piece of crap.  We went into
the gear shop in town, and as luck would have it, there was the same shirt
on a bargain rack.  I snapped it up and finished the trail with it.  Hell,
with just 1,500 miles on it, it still looks like new.  ExOfficio clothes
are expensive up front, but given what I paid for the Columbia, which only
lasted a few hundred miles, they are a bargain.

Mine was light weight enough for the desert sun, but warm enough to be all
I had on under my rain jacket most of the time.

Shroomer