[pct-l] Smartphone protection and charging

Christina Barba ckwrkornge at aol.com
Mon Apr 8 17:33:56 CDT 2013

Hey all:

Sorry for the delay

Been out hiking the grand enchantment trail and using the iPhone as a camera/journal/occasional gps location.

I have the otterbox which I've dropped on several occasions and gotten damp.  It's not waterproof, but so far I have no scratches on the lens, which, after traveling 488 miles through the desert in my pocket, I'm quite pleased with.  I also have another plastic sticker over the touch screen.

The phone is good for about 4 days' on airplane mode using camera and sibley guide to bird apps and notepad for journaling.  Occasional ridgetop words with friends matches take a bit more juice (it keeps me sane when hiking alone and not seeing anyone for 4-5 days).

What I have with me is a mophie rechargeable battery that weighs about 4 oz and is good for about two charges from 33% to full.  So, that's about 2 hours of words with friends time plus aforementioned activities in spotty cell service.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Ep

Sent from my iPhone