[pct-l] Platypus (Sawyer Squeeze) Gravity Water Filter

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue Apr 9 00:18:34 CDT 2013

> The Sawyer squeeze filter can be used as a gravity filter also.
> Here is a
YouTube video of one way it can be done;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZONRSPWN-0

That video uses an Aquamira Frontier Pro filter - but the technique used is the 'same' for a Sawyer Squeeze...

The following are two videos using the Sawyer Squeeze showing various ways to use it:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH4rwhZQYSI>
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJEQjJgxuvw>

I received a Sawyer Squeeze as a gift and really liked it but it did have some drawbacks...
The Sawyer 'bags' had early bad reviews, but I think Sawyer improved them somewhat since then - I didn't have
any problems with the bags, but the bags are hard to fill (small opening) unless you have sufficient flowing water...
I made a gravity system using a Platypus BigZip for the 'dirty' water, bought the Sawyer hydration bladder adapter
set, and used tubing I already had...  The Sawyer Squeeze filter is fairly fast when setup as a pure gravity system...

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)