[pct-l] Unhealthy side effects of long term AquaMira use?

ebjcoat ebjcoat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 16:52:58 CDT 2013

In 2009 a fellow thru-hiker had been using aquamira to treat his water for
about a month and became ill. The doctor told him that long term use breaks
down your immune system and you will eventually get sick. He spent a couple
days at an inn with a toilet nearby before heading back out.

I personally use a steripen (2.6 oz) and only use aquamira as a backup or
when the water looks cloudy or silty.

TWEEK - www.theepicwest.com