[pct-l] GPS

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 02:18:02 CDT 2013

If we have to use the technology I agree with a map and a smart phone
idea... The maps app on mine shows the trail in a detailed line (like a
road) and all you need is a clear area to get a satellite signal. Compare
the locator spot on your phone with your trail map to find your exact
location at any time (nearly any time*) in any section. Then be sure you
have something like a  SPOT in case of emergencies when you can't get a
phone signal.

*there have been one or two occasions that I could not get a signal that
showed the trail.