[pct-l] Transferring Aquamira to different bottles

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Apr 10 21:52:59 CDT 2013

Transferring it to other bottles seems like overkill. It's really not
that heavy in the original packaging and you get those handy caps for
mixing the liquids. (Tip: save the caps so you can do several batches
at once.) Anyway, I doubt if you cleaned the bottles well there would
be an issue with chemicals.

Regarding the other aqua mira issue (the health issue), my experience
is that I stopped treating my water after around Sonora Pass, and I
have not treated it again since (with the exception of Oregon lakes),
even on return visits to the So Cal portion of the PCT. I always
carry some aqua mira and plan to use it for risky water, but there's
actually very little of that.

My immune system seems to work fine. I've never gotten a water-born
illness. Your own mileage may vary. Just want to put this out there
for those who like a more French way of traveling.

Diane