[pct-l] Recent Injury...Can I still hike?

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 12:44:20 CDT 2013

David wrote:

I was originally planning on leaving the 18th but this injury will
definitely set me back, if not make me have to reconsider the whole trip.
I'm not in a lot of pain and I still have full sensation and range of
motion.

Ouch, that sucks.

You definitely don't want to hit the trail until your foot is 100% again.
It sounds from your description like you ought to be ready to go in a couple
of weeks but you'll have to monitor things and make sure that's really true.
Don't just pick a revised date and leave without doing an honest assessment
of where you're at.  Starting at the end of April is perfectly fine except
for things being a bit more crowded since that's the peak starting time.
You could even delay into the first or second week of May if you need to.  I
doubt this will threaten your whole trip unless you run into complications.
Watch for infections.

Eric