[pct-l] Cedar Lodge in Chester

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 16:36:44 CDT 2013

> I am confirming my non-PO resupply locations today. I wanted to share
> the information I just received that the Cedar Lodge is no longer
> accepting hiker boxes.  Thought this might be useful since more boxes may
> end up in Chester instead of Belden this year.
>
> Even when the Cedar Lodge was accepting packages it is 3 miles from the
center of town, which can be ok if you don't mind walking into town from
there, or can get your hitch to wait for you.

The post office is open from 8 to 4 weekdays, but if you go in to the lobby
on Saturday morning before noon and knock on the door marked "employees
only" and ask for Melissa you'll get your package.  I'll double check that
with Melissa soon.

Piper's Mom
Chester
PS:  on the trail name thread, I called myself Piper's Mom because I was
and am so proud of  daughter Piper's (Diane's) hikes in '08 and '09.  I
thought about reverting to my own name, but since I do this in her honor,
Piper's Mom it is.