[pct-l] Thru-Hiker Stats

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Mon Apr 15 14:46:33 CDT 2013

We had 335 hikers stay with us last season. Numbers seem to be slowly
increasing each year. Our's consist of thrus, section, total repeats, some
finishing what they have missed in previous years. They start showing up
mid-July. Last ones around the end of October. Any NOBO after the end of
September are likely to get screwed up by the early heavy snow storms in
the North Cascades. We've had a number of hikers in the last 10 years need
to have SAR called. Please look at the options for a PLB if you plan to
hike through here at the end of the season. Last season we came terribly
close to loosing our last hiker. Normal 5-6 days from Stevens to Stehekin.
He was out for 19 days.

PCT MOM