[pct-l] Hiking Poles on planes

b j xthrow at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 06:36:03 CDT 2013

A few weeks back, someone on the list had pointed out that hiking poles were now allowed on planes but people speculated that it might take a bit for that to trickle down to a consistent 'Yes' in practice with all the different agencies and people involved in checking you in and passing through security.

Has anyone had any recent on-the-ground experience on taking their hiking poles as carry-on - successful or not?

I'm on Alaska Airlines in a week, so contemplating where to put my poles.  To check or not to check -- that is the question...

Thanks,

-Rhiannon