[pct-l] Going alone

Matthew Edwards iceaxehikes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:36:03 CDT 2013

Ride Bride is the term I heard.

Nothing like having a girl hitch while us stinky guys wait in the brush to
tag along.

By the way, if anyone finds themselves uncomfortable with a hitch it is
always easy to use an excuse like "sorry, seemed to have dropped my camera,
thanks anyways." Or "sorry, I am waiting for my friends to catch up, thanks
for stopping though."

Even being a guy doesn't mean you let your guard down.
In general; Never put your pack in a trunk.
If you put you pack in a truckbed, try to ride with it back there.
If you open the door to get out of a car, leave it open until you retrive
your pack.

Most people are honest.
I have never had a bad hitch myself but have heard some stories from other
hikers.

As always; when in doubt, refuse politely and wait for a fellow hiker to
come along or another ride that doesn't feel "wrong".