[pct-l] Best Trail shoes for those with Plantar Fasciitis

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Apr 16 15:57:57 CDT 2013

Good afternoon, John,

The effect of shoes on plantar fasciitis (PF) is unpredictable and
unreliable, regardless of what the various marketing campaigns may infer,
and what shoe works for others may not help you.

What is much more widely recommended and found successful – including for
me – is to regularly stretch the calf muscles and hamstrings according to
instructions shown in the many PF-related websites.

I recommend you try stretching for several months while hiking in whatever
shoes that otherwise seem comfortable, then switch shoes only when all else
fails.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye