[pct-l] Ultralight tents

Heather McLean kreekwa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:29:05 CDT 2013

Hi Abby -
I have the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1, and am really pleased with it. It is
extremely easy to put up and take down and I particularly pleased with that
it's a double wall, which is what I was looking for, for use in the Pacific
Northwest (wet, snow) along with the barrier aspect when it comes to our
infamous mosquito population here in Oregon..it weighs in at 2 lbs 6 oz. ~
Maps

I'm planning on thru-hiking next year, but for unrelated reasons I need to
buy my tent for the trail now. I've been looking at Big Agnes ultralight
tents (I'm trying to go under 2 lbs) like the Copper Spur, and Fly Creek,
and the Nemo Meta, and I wanted to know people's opinions on these tents
and brands in general for the trail. Also, what other tents did people use
for a thru-hike and like?
Abby P.