[pct-l] hiking with a partner

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Apr 18 21:07:22 CDT 2013

Good evening, Kristin,

It sounds like you have a good plan, but you may be surprised at how your
partner adapts to the trail.  Maybe she will learn to embrace trail life
and find that hiking – particularly in the first few hundred miles – isn’t
really lonely.  Eventually if you both remain committed to the hike it may
be good for you to spend parts of the day – or longer – apart just for the
change.

Good luck, don’t over-think things, and just hike.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/