[pct-l] I can't wear shoes

Tom James Personal tmjgame at comcast.net
Sun Apr 21 19:12:04 CDT 2013

I wore conventional trail runners for trail races and decided, at the urging of my minimalist wife, to try a zero heal. NB 105 minimal shoe.  Bad move.  ran 2 easy miles and the achilles tendons screamed at me.  so much i could not train for several weeks. advice: Your feet gradually change to their environment.  Just like us.  Unfortunately changing footwear a week before your start is not recommended.  I bought new trail runners in December and have gradually been breaking them in for a 500 mile section adventure in july! Stick with the vff's or prepare for pain.  However. I do like compression. i bring comp calf sleeves to wear every other day until my body is trail fit.  I bring comp tights as well for dual use at night for circulation and lightweight sleepwear.

Good luck.

Walk on.   Tj

Sent from iphone.  Please excuse typos.