[pct-l] Attn: JMT Reinhold

Louise Sawyer louisecoushatta at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 23:38:00 CDT 2013

Attn: JMT Reinhold,

Your post entitled  "Why are male hikers happier campers than female
hikers?" is excruciatingly offensive. It is clear that your intention is to
get a rise out of people, and as much as I do not want to give you that
pleasure, I refuse to allow you to dominate this conversation with sexism
without publicly responding to your words.

This forum is supposed to be a safe space for folks to ask questions, offer
advice, and swap ideas. On the contrary, your post creates yet another
barrier for women to access the already male-dominated scene of backpackers
by perpetuating gender stereotypes and reinforcing patriarchy. In your
post, you are blatantly insinuating that you believe that women are less
capable--intellectually and physiologically--of succeeding in the outdoors.
Are you serious? Even if this is a "joke," you should be embarrassed that
you have those thoughts in your head. How wrong you are! And what an
ignorant, sexist pig you are! Boasting about your physical inability to get
pregnant or menstruate...REALLY?!?! Are you twelve?!

It's pathetic that you feel the need to write sexist garbage to make
yourself feel better about yourself. Please keep your thoughts to yourself.

XoXo,
Louise

P.S. If I run into you in the woods, I promise you I will rip my Diva cup
out of my vagina and throw my blood all over your face.