[pct-l] International PCT?

Rebecca Roberts rebeccaroberts at ymail.com
Mon Apr 22 22:12:00 CDT 2013

As a sometimes trail angel for the PNT, I think your idea to get onto PNT and take it to the coast is a good idea. The Olympics, from what I've heard from the hikers I've hosted, are not to be missed and are considered by many to be the highlight of the PNT. There is some road walking, but probably not as much as you think. I suggest reading a few trail journals. Buck-30's on Postholer is very good, and you can get more information on the PNT at www.pnt.org. The PNT forum doesn't have near the traffic that the PCT-L does, but people on there are happy to help with ideas and suggestions if you have a question. Good luck with your plans!
The Rebecca half of "Whidbey Duo"

I was thinking about options for starting at Etna and continuing on into
Canada, or maybe getting onto the Pacific Northwest Trail and taking it to
the coast.

Any thoughts or other suggestions? Any experience with PNW Trail (I assume
it's a lot of road walking outside of the national parks)?