[pct-l] Good Deed

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Apr 23 07:29:12 CDT 2013

Our intrepid PCT hero, Grizzly,is standing in line at the Pearly Gates checkpoint before entering heaven.

Finally, he gets to St.Peter.  "Have you ever done anythingof particularmerit to warrant entry into heaven, Grizzly?" asks St. Peter.

"Well, I can think ofone thing," the old backpacker offered. "Once, I came in off the PCT and headed directly to the local trailtown saloon.  I saddled up to thebar and ordered a cold one from the barmaid. I notice a group of female hikers over at a table talking and eatingtheir hot pizza.  I hoist my drink tothem and they do the same to me."

"All at once there is a loudnoise outside.  And presently a group ofbikers enter the bar.  They are noisy androwdy.  Presently, they go over to thehiker gals and start to harass and threaten them."

"I walk up to the gang leaderwith tattoos and a leather vest with patches all over it.  I tell him to leave the hikers femalesalone.  They ignore me and continue to harassthe females and being obnoxious."

"Finally, I go outside andkick all their bikes over.  When they rushoutside I yelled, 'Now, back off from the women or I'll kick the crap out of all of you!'"

St. Peter was impressed."That certainly is a great story.  Iam proud of you.  How long ago did this happen,Grizzly?"

"Couple minutes ago …"